Friday, May 13, 2011

Induced by Cider & Wine

I've got my front door open to 12th avenue
and there's some warbly tunes playing in the background, like a record slowing and quickening and here I'm sitting waiting for that bottle of wine to open itself.
Today I squinted into the sun with a mouthful of cider, whilst listening to rap, no less. I sat on a cushy grass bed blanketed with a crocheted throw with said blades poking through the eye holes. Knowwhaddimean?
I finished the crossword and sudoku. I watched a little girl giggle around with a pointy red hood - laughing and falling round an empty cement pool. Her mother wearing a baggy military jacket and a soft bun on the top of her skull.
When you hear that Bob Seger song you know I'll be long gone...

I sat with a new friend talking about old things. White kids listening to black music.
I frequently found myself thinking of the days back home when some friends and I would sit in the park listening to Dre and smoking grass. The same shades of green that I saw when I was stoned then stay with me today. I still find myself gazing off into the nothingness of the vivid colouring, thinking of a time past when I had a warm, fuzzy brain and rolled in the grass, laughing until my back hurt, until I couldn't find a way to stay, until I didn't know if I'd ever get home.

No comments: