Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thanksgivin'r

THINGS I AM THANKFUL FOR. I am thankful for this cup of coffee in front of me.
I am thankful for the way the sun comes in through my kitchen window in the morning, and with that, I am thankful that this year it was sunny on my birthday. It's never sunny on my birthday.
I am thankful for my family, they put up with me, and love me.
I am thankful for my ability to see an image for what it is.
I am thankful for being a realist (all the while I curse it).
I am thankful for the ability to see, walk, taste and smell.
I am thankful for The Sunday Edition with Michael Enright.
I am thankful for a really good pasta sauce.
I am thankful for my friends, big time. They show me love in the hugest way, and I love them back so, so much.
I am thankful for oatmeal with maple syrup and toasted walnuts, lemon zest and plain yogurt.
I am thankful for good words.
I am thankful for The Clean, Silver Jews, Pavement, Galaxie 500, etc. All that 90s shit.
I am thankful for animals. Does that sound stupid? But really, only an animal can truly show you empathy and unconditional love.
I am thankful for dead leaves scattered on the sides of the streets. In piles. I love walking through them.
I am thankful for the days when I feel good.
I am thankful for having a sense of humour, and being able to laugh at the most upsetting things.
I am thankful that I can live on my own.
I guess I'm thankful for having a job.
I am thankful for those days when I think I can love someone.
I am thankful for orgasm. What would a world be without it?
I am thankful for the art of sewing a good piece of clothing. Nothing is better than a sweater that fits beautifully.
I am thankful for a cold night. And I'm thankful for those few days it snows, and the entire city is quieted.
I am thankful for a good book. One that you love enough that you want to maybe hug it when you've finished it.
And I'm glad I haven't wanted to give up.

No comments: